After a fun filled weekend, I thought baking something yummy would be the perfect way to start the new week. I was right- the banana bread treat definitely made Monday more bearable.
This weekend saw a trip to Clip and Climb which is a fun (rather than traditional) indoor rock climbing centre. Sooo… it might look easy, but it was terrifying! I couldn’t let the kids beat me though- my competitive side kicked in, and I had to climb higher and faster than they could. Ooops!
After climbing for an hour and a half, we went out for dinner with friends. We booked this amazing train carriage burger restaurant- Easey’s. If you’re ever in Melbourne, this place is worth a visit! They’re converted some old Melbourne trains into a diner, and put the carriages four storey’s high for a brilliant view. To top it off, for dessert you can order milkshake donuts!! I just can’t wait to go back for more.
Now I’m sure you can understand after such a fun filled weekend, it was super hard to leave my cozy warm bed this morning for the rainy day outside.
Here’ s the banana bread recipe which managed to cheer me up:
Plain flour- 1 cup
self-raising flour – 1/2 cup
brown sugar 1 cup
cinnamon – 1 tsp, ground
butter- 125g melted, cooled
eggs – 2 , whisked
bananas – 3 ripe , mashed
banana- 1 extra for the top
1) Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a loaf pan.
2) Combine the flours, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Whisk butter and eggs together in a separate bowl and add to the flour mixture. Stir in the banana.
3) Spoon into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Slice the spare banana length way and lay on top of the mixture.
4) Bake for 45-50 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 mins before turning out onto a wire rack.
– This is best served slightly toasted in a sandwich press with some nice salty butter